Our ELe energy monitor was built from the ground up with the privacy of your data in mind. Keeping your data secure, and in your control is important to us. We use best-in-class practices and technology to keep it private and secure. We will not share it with others unless you have given us permission to do so, or we have anonymised and / or aggregated it such that your information is not personally identifiable.
The ELe energy monitor collects detailed data about the usage of electricity through the controlbox in which it is installed. It collects detailed watts, amps and voltage information, and this data is sent to our servers, where it is stored indefinitely.
The ELe energy monitor collects various information at setup time, and in the course of usage, namely: location data to set your time zone and to enhance product operations (for example, to correlate to weather); application usage information to monitor customer experience; and crash and error information for improving application experience.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Site (www.extremelowenergy.com). We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information you provide via the Site when you submit enquiries or request more information about our Products and Services.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity of the Site.
Third Party Applications
We may use tools offered by third party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Analytics to send data about actions users take on our site. These third party services may use such data to provide measurement services to Sense or to target ads. By continuing to browse on our website, you consent to cookie (or other tracking technologies) collected by Sense or its third party vendors,for the purpose of serving targeted advertising.
Use of Information We Collect
No information that we collect that is identifiable to you will be used in any way outside of our company without your express consent, except to the extent identified herein.
We may use information that we collect in the following ways:
– To improve our Services, Products and Sites. This includes improvements that are specific to your installation and that improve the Products, Service, and Site.
– To identify opportunities for you to improve the efficiency of your home, such as ways to reduce electricity consumption, or identifying devices that are running inefficiently or may be failing.
– To send you alerts that you have enabled, such as a device that has finished running (like a dishwasher) or that has been left on for an extended period of time (like a cooker).
– To provide you with information specific to your house, like a summary of device usage over time, or comparative information relative to others.
– To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Product, and Service.
– To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
– To provide and deliver the Product and Service you request.
– To send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
– To link or combine your information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
– To provide you with more personalized advertisements, which may include providing third party advertising vendors with data collected to target advertising based on the end users’ online activity.
ELe may store and process personal information in the United Kingdom and other countries which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
– with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies
– with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work
– in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information which cannot be linked to your specific account or other personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your Information Choices and Changes
If you terminate the Service and uninstall or deactivate the Hardware, you may request that we delete all of the Product Data and Information for Purchase that was collected for your Account. To request this, please send an email to email@example.com
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Service. You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by visiting the NAI website opt-out page here:or the DAA opt-out page here:.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date below.
If you have any questions about this Policy or to access personal information we may have of yours, please contact us at email@example.com
or by writing to:
ELe, Unit 7, Greenwood Business Centre, Gorsey Place, East Gillibrands Industrial Estate, Skelmersdale, WN8 9DB
Last updated: September, 18, 2020